mouse problem with kernel 2.5.41

Hello list,

I just upgraded my 2.5.25 kernel to v2.5.41. After reboot I
immediately realised some changes, as I suddenly had no more working keyboard ;)

As far as I could find out the input API has been changed.. I compiled
my keyboard into the kernel and also compiled a module for the
trackpoint, as I suppose it to be a PS/2 mouse.

The keyboard works fine, the mouse module loads (psmouse.o)... but the
mouse refuses to work.

/dev/psaux does not seem to be the right device
anymore. According to the API change i tried /dev/input/mice and
/dev/input/mouse0, but neither of them are accepted by gpm or the X
server.. they claim that the devices do not exist (they do, I checked
;))

I'm not sure if this is a thinkpad/laptop-related problem or not, so I
try it here.. if any of you has an idea what I did wrong or which
device is the right device for my trackpoint now, please don't
hesitate to inform me...

And if I just forgot some module or anything like this.. well, just
tell me :)

thx in advance

Grüsse,
 Boris