Resource Unavaliable

I have a pcmcia problem. I have a 3com nic that i can't get to work.
When i put it into the slot it ids the card correctly and calls insmod
to load the driver. The next thing i get (in syslog) is a message from
the kernel saying "3c589_cs: RequestIRQ: Resource in use". Next i get a
message from cardmgr saying "get dev info on socket 0 failed: Resource
temporarily unavaliable". I don't know what to do. I have lots of free
IRQs on this machine so i don't think it is running out our them. TIA

Thanks
Jefferson Cowart
Jeff@cowart.net