Re: Hardware for a Presario with Linux support

Thanks for your answer, Al.

> It's officially called a "MultiPort" connector.  You can get a
> wireless module for use with it.  I believe it's actually a USB
> connection, though not a USB connector (it wouldn't fit if you
> did it that way.  I use my wireless module quite a bit and it
> seems to work fine with woody, plus testing, plus the latest
> linux-wlan-ng kernel module from SourceForge.

Great. :)
What card do you have?

> I've been using one of the cheap D-Link cameras; the point was
> to make it work, though, and not take good pictures.  I got one
> of these cameras for US$20 on sale -- not a real good camera
> (actually, kinda miserable), but it does work.  I'd suggest
> going to the supported hardware list at www.linux-usb.org to
> see what you can and can't use.

Yes, but the problem is that I don't trust my laptop's USB port anymore.
My webcam has linux support and works on my other computer, but it
doesn't work on the laptop. I think I'll end up borrowing all my
friends' webcams and testing them all...

--
 Vicente Aguilar <bisente@bisente.com> | http://www.bisente.com