Re: sony vaio, does one need a pcmcia card to use the cdrom?

    "Walter" == Walter Tautz <wtautz@math.uwaterloo.ca> writes:

    Walter> from some reports I've gotten this is apparently needed?
    Walter> I have PCG-R505EL

    Walter> Apparently one needs edit the file:
    Walter> /etc/pcmcia/config.opts

    Walter> and include irq exclusions?

I stopped using Linux on my N505VE a few months ago so I can't look up
the file anymore (the power input socket broke!!!) Here is where you
can look it up for the N505VE, it might work on the R505EL too.

   http://www.914fan.net/vaio/

Yes, and you do need to get pcmcia working on the N505VE. I don't know
about your specific model (does it have an internal drive?). I just
know I'm never buying Sony stuff again to run Linux!

Cheers!
Shyamal