Re: debian on a toshiba 210c

Hi,

Julien Motch <julienmotch@skynet.be> wrote:
> I am installing debian on a toshiba satellite 210C and experiencing
> problem with my video and sound config .first I can only get a 640x480
> 16 bit resolution with xfree 4.2.0 .I know windows support at least a
> 800x600 16bits resolution ,any ideas to solve that .

perhaps, this file from Toshiba could help you:
<http://newsletter.toshiba-tro.de/infofiles_web/20001205165318_XF86config.zip>

> Second ,I do not know the chip soundcard ,can it work with linux .

According to <http://newsletter.toshiba-tro.de/main/index.html> and
following the link "machine configuration", the soundchip is an ESS 688.
This chip should worke fine with the "sb" module.

The above site is a good resource, if you want to install GNU/Linux on a
Toshiba notebook.

HTH,
Thorsten