Re: sony vaio, model PCG-R505EL, can't recognize cdrom during install

> > boot: linux ide2=0x180,0x386
> >             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > to the kernel and it should be fine,
> >
> > http://lo-res.org/~x/vaio.txt might be of some help
>
> unfortunately the option above does not work.
I'm just installing Woody on a SONY VX71P, from the external FireWire
DVD/CD-RW, but with no success yet. When reaching the point
where the install media has to be accessed Linux can't find the
CD drive anymore. The parameters mentioned above don't work
and dmesg on the command line only shows /dev/hda devices.

Werner
--
|=| Werner Heuser = Keplerstr. 11A = D-10589 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe_AT_mobilix.org>      T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86