Re: i830 chipset problems

> Has anyone got the 830 graphics working in Debian?

I have a HP Omnibook XE3 GF which also uses the i830 chipset.
The i830 is not natively supported with acceleration by XFree86 prior to
version 4.2. Debian currently ships with 4.1, so you won't have
accelerated support, but you can use the framebuffer-device. I'm
actually quite happy with it, as it runs smoothly.
See http://homex.subnet.at/~max/comp-05_hp-omnibook-xe3.shtml for
details on my work.
I can also send you my XF86Config-4 if you like.

So long,
Max

--
An expert is someone who can tell you exactly afterwards,
why his prognosis was not correct.  < Winston Churchill >

http://homex.subnet.at/~max/