Re: debian for a train hopper

If you're mainly interested in writing, battery life,
email and portability, you might consider picking up
a second-hand Psion 5 on ebay (though get a hard case
for it if you're going to be knocking it around). The
keyboard is the best of any PDA I've ever seen - you
can actually touch-type on it - and the battery life
is about 30-40 hours on a single pair of AAs.

Although there is a Linux port for it, the machine doesn't
really have enough grunt for serious programming work if
you're going to be doing much of that on the road. (Shell
account ?). For everything else, it would be the ideal
(and cheap) solution.

- Derek