Re: debian laptop for a train hopper

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 02:27:05PM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
> Probably if I was going to do what you're planning I'd get an old Thinkpad
> 385XD.  PentiumMMX-233, 96M of RAM, 3G hard drive, 800x600 display, it's
> quite an OK little machine.  Such a machine is so cheap now that if you break
> one you won't be too upset, and if someone tries to mug you for it then you
> won't do anything too stupid (also you could just tell the mugger how old and
> cheap it was and they might leave you with it).

Hmmm. I dunno. Personally I'd think twice about this. Not because your
points are in any way worthless or anything like that but because old
laptop's lcd pixel refresh rates tend to suck. You get a lot of ghosting
which, while not a problem when you're lookign at a static image or just
typing, can be a downright pain in the eyes when you have to do any
amount of scrolling or pointer-moving. It's the main reason why I wont
consider one.

--
			       DANGEROUS TREND:
	  American Children Are Trying to Masturbate With Electronic