Re: Debian PC Requirements

Well, it actually does not run very fast on my computer. Windows 2000 runs
at acceptable speeds.. Linux sort of
slows down substantially with every extra program started... I have
a Toshiba Portege 7010ct with 300 mhz processor, 96 mb ram, and have what
I assume to be woody - it got network-installed three days ago, so it's
the latest release I presume... The guys who built the thing did terrific
job... Also Codeweavers Office works: almost like real thing! Only slow
slow slow..

I have a question: may be there are answers already somewhere, but despite
looking around I did not manage to find many so far.. I am pretty new to
the Linux as you would guess..

How to make my laptop on wake-up automatically check the
network pcmcia card, try to get to the network and get machine's IP set
via DHCP? Also, how to force-kill the PCMCIA network card when it refuses
to switch off because its "busy"?

Would much appreciate any leads.. Also, will be glad to help anybody with
Portege like mine if any advise needed (although, of course, there is not
really much advise that I can give)...

Best to all of you,

Kemal