Re: remote print config for firewall appliance

On Sun, Mar 31 2002, at 13:05:21 -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
> I have a D-Link DL-713P that supposed to support printers.
>
> I can get the Windows 98 stuff to work, but they provide all of that.
> The appliance is a print server for network printers.
>
> I can print to it.
> But I'm only able to send it postscript right now.
>
> There doesn't seem to any other options with regard to mozilla (I was
> testing there.)
> And I get no response from emacs...

This seems a bit off-topic, and you actually don't ask a single question
;-). But, I guess you want to know how to get printing working with that
device uder Linux. I have the device working. Portscanning revealed
it listens to 515/tcp (LPD). The tricky part was figuring out the LPD
queue name the thing uses. It is not documented anywhere but it is 'lp'.
I use CUPS with the following options:

Device:		LPD/LPR Host or Printer
Device URI: 	lpd://192.168.0.1/lp

Set the 'Model/Driver' option to one working with the printer you
are using. 192.168.0.1 is the default IP address for the DI-713P on
the LAN side.

HTH, HAND
Anton

--