Re: Installing Debian over Network with the e100-driver

> > I have a Sony PCG-GR114MK-Notebook. It has an Intel Network card and it
> > seems that it can only be installed with the intel e100-driver.
> > The e100-driver is only in the nonfree-part of debian and there only as a
> > source.
>
> The card will probably work with the eepro driver (or eepro100). Afaik
> all intel compatible cards work with that driver.
>
> > I would like to install debian on my laptop over network/dsl-connection.
> > Is there a possibility to load the e100-driver from the installer?
> > How can I install debian over network??
>
> In the modules configuration select the eepro module and load it...

It does not.
It seems that there are some Intel-cards that do not work with the
eepro/eepro100-driver.
If it helps, here is what lspci says about this card:
02:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation: Unknown device 1031 (rev 41)
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation: Unknown device 80e7
	Memory at d0204000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
	I/O ports at 4000 [size=64]
	Capabilities: <available only to root>