Emailsetup for Laptops

Hi,

after successfully getting my Toshiba 3000-514 (a detailed howto will be
available soon) to work under Debian woody. I have still one issue open. My
mail reader of choice is mutt, so I need to setup some kind of low impact
mailsystem on my machine. I thought about exim, sendmail and postfix but
skipped this, cause I don't need any kind of mailservice on my laptop at all.

Basically, I need some features and like to asks for any suggestions or short
infos how you solved this for you. Getting my mail via POP3 from my mailserver
is no problem, fetchmail with SSL support just works fine and I can receive my
emails. Sending them to procmail also works fine for me. Just as I want it.

But outgoing mail is my problem. I looked into ssmtp and this is just what I
want. All mails for users uid<1000 is send to my user account on this machine.
(That means I don't need any kind of alias or forward support at all.)  Is
masks any unqualified email as I like it. And it works fine with mutt in
combination. But what it lacks is, SMTP AUTH, SSL and/or TLS.  And this is the
point where I need your suggestion. Another nice to have would be, if it would
honour .forward or a local delivery agent, cause I have spool file not in
/var/spool/mail/ but in /home/<username/Mail/Inbox . This is very procmail
should deliver emails too.

So, does anybody know of a tool that provides these features and is equally
light and easy to setup as sstmp. I am quite skilled in setting up sendmail,
but I haven't dealed with anything like this before. That means, I lack the
knowledge of light weight SMTP senders. ;)

Any help is appreciated and I would be very happy about it.

Best regards,
Oliver