Re: power management for my hd

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 06:21:41AM -0600, Kenny Hitt wrote:
> Hi.  The man page for apmd says it is possible for it to manage my hard
> disk.  I don't see any information on how this is done.
> My question is can the apmd and the apmd_proxy script do this or
> will this need to be done by changing settings in my BIOS?

It looks to me like apmd is merely a method of reporting changes in
power status. You would use something like hdparm to control the hard
drive. ie., put a script in /etc/apm/event.d that calls hdparm with the
necessary options.

HTH,
--
Mike Alborn <malborn@odoitau.dyn.dhs.org>
# pgp keyid: C36DC30B

Suspicion always haunts the guilty mind.
		-- Wm. Shakespeare