Re: IBM ThinkPad 760CD - sound (fwd)

* Heather <star@betelgeuse.starshine.org> [2002 Jan 17 20:22 -0600]:
> Yes, the IBM people have an opensource project dedicated to the mwave.
> I believe it might be at the same site linked from linmodems, for its
> winmodem support?

I saw that mwave had been added to unstable recently so I pursued the
progress of mwave sound support.  Alas, there appears to be none as the
IBM effort is on the ACP modem driver in a couple of 600 series and the
770 series Thinkpads.  Those of use with 760 series are still out of
luck at this time.  Whether the project will expand into sound support
is unknown by me.

At this time the only way to enable sound is by using loadlin from a
Win95 partition after loading the DOS driver (just why this can't be
loaded under the kernel escapes me, but I'm sure there are good and
valid reasons).  This is documented in the later 2.2 kernel series in
Documention/sound/mwave.

Good luck!

> Anyways if you succeed, please let us know.

I'd be most interested as my road warrior is a TP 760ED.

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | sleeping giant and