Re: good PCMCIA NICs?

> >  Andy> Hey folks, I don't know if this has come up before... sorry if
> >  Andy> it's a repost... I was wondering if anyone had advice on good
> >  Andy> PCMCIA NICs.  I'm setting up a cable modem account with a local
> >  Andy> ISP and I'm not sure what card to pick up...
> >
> >  Andy> Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
>
> I had a good look around for the cheapest officially supported (*)
> (*) - i.e. in the supported cards list
> 10/100MB 32-bit Cardbus card, and I went for the D-link DFE-680TX. Works
> perfectly out of the box, and has never given any trouble.
>
> It does require a dongle cable which comes with it.

That's the brand of the one I've used for years.  Yep, that's right, years :)
I've never fried a dongle, but I did lose one.  It also holds up well to the
heat of being used for upload/download in desktop replacement situations.

My only regret is that my new dongle's gripper prings aren't as tough as the
last one's and it likes to slip out now.   Software can't solve that one,
waaah.  Maybe those disk-stickums they use in magazines would help, sigh...

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...