Re: radeon mobility

Hi Jason!

> > >Is there a driver for the ati radeon mobility for x 4.1?
> > >I set my notebook up using the radeon driver, but X dies complaining that
> > >there are no devices available. Switching the Device line to "Standard VGA"
> > >brings it up, but at vga16.
> > Wat kind of laptop do you have?
> Compaq presario 2700.
> I'm starting to think that cygwin might be my only option.

I ordered a ThinkPad A30 with Radeon Mobility. On LinuxCare there is a
report on how to set up SuSE Linux an that laptop.
Wrong laptop and wrong distro, but they explain how to setup XFree by
hand from cvs:

http://www.linuxcare.com/labs/certs/ibm/thinkpad/a30/suse72-config.epl

If you find a working driver for a debian package it would be nice to
post that here.

--
MfG Thomas Mueller - http://www.tmueller.com for pgp key (95702B3B)