VAIO GR 214

Hello,

I've installed Debian GNU/Linux on my VAIO GR 214, but the speedstep
doesn't seem to work, If I unplug the AC, apm tells me that the laptop
is still runnig on AC. So I think that APM doesn't work on my VAIO.

Is there a risk of blowing up my laptop by running Linux on it? I can't
seem to check if the CPU temperature protection (a fan?) still works
with Linux, the sensors give no temperature (not in Linux, and there
seems to be no temperature readout posability in windows too), so how
can I check that the laptop doesn't overheat?

I hope someone can help me with this, becouse I'm runnig windows with
cygwin now :-(