RE: IRQ Conflicts ?

I'm not exactly in the loop of this thread so I apologize if posting out of
turn.....

My only previous post was to report no sucess with Debian on my Vaio
PCG-FX220....that is no longer true :-)

I had reported being able to install RH7.2 from CD very easily, everything
just worked...Debian would get through the install,  but couldn't survive a
reboot, kernel panics no matter what I tried....

Got me to thinking I'd try a 2.4 kernel as RH had...lo and behold I'm a
happy camper with 2.4.17....except for sound I now have Debian on my Vaio.
(I think that if I just spend some time reading about Alsa I can make it
work) Haven't tackled PCMCIA yet, but my wireless card is coming...

Much happier as I'm more familar with dselect then any package mtce tools in
RH...been a Debian user since .9ish... buzz/hamm/bo  and the rest... thank
you Debian developers!

Cheers,
Rich