gatos drivers for rage mobility p (dell latitude)

Hi guys and gals,

I have a Dell Latitude CPx H500GT with (reportedly) a ati rage mobility
p in it. I was told I could get hardware scaling with the gatos driver,
and wanted to know what people here think before I went on a possibly
useless mission to install them manually...

Do the driver exist as an unofficial package under people.debian.org
for example?

Stig

--
brautaset.org
Registered Linux User 107343

``Oh, how I wish `undo' was ported to everyday life.''