Re: ext. desktop hard disk 3.5" for laptop

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 04:52:42PM +0100, Werner Heuser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> connected to a laptop, I don't know a solution to get a desktop
> hard disk to work as external storage device connected to a
> laptop. Especially I don't know how to solve the power

There are several solutions to this problem. You could get an external
USB casing (or firewire if you have it) and insert the desktop drive in
there. These usually use external powersupplies (AC Adapter) for their
power. There are also casings which don't need external power, but use
bus-power, but this is usually only for 2.5 inch drives.

Firewire can be quite expensive... but it's lots faster (if you have
firewire on your laptop)

Mark Janssen     Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT
E-mail: mark(at)markjanssen.nl / maniac(at)maniac.nl     GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Web: Maniac.nl Unix-God.[Net|Org] MarkJanssen.[com|net|org|nl] SyConOS.[com|nl]