RE: Laptop recommendations

Hi,

I would suggest a Toshiba. I own a Satelite 3000 series and after some hints
and some rethinking I got Debian up and running on it perfectly. Most problems
were caused by my problems and my strange ideas about Linux and Laptops. ;))))
Official retail is $1600, but I have seen shops in the US selling it for as
low as $1150. May this is an option. But I also have to admit that you want to
run Woody or even better Sid on it, cause it is a quite new notebook and so it
needs some special drivers...

Otherwise pick one of the cheaper and more "conventional" Toshi notebooks..

Best regards,
Oliver