Re: Laptop recommendations

Hi

> I will be travelling US shortly, and would like to buy a good
> laptop (under $1200). Could someone give a recomendation?

I like Toshiba myself.  Low cost and very reliable. There's also the
IBM ones.  Good prices for these in the States.  Compaq can be good
as well.  You might run into problems with spares for any of these ?

I could go on forever.  For me it's whether you like or don't like
the sticky out thing in the middle of the keyboard or do you prefer a
touchpad for ease of use.

You might want to have a look at ....

http://www.linux-laptop.net/

Configuring your laptop is an issue that you should take seriously :)

Thanks

--
Richard

www.sheflug.co.uk