dual boot on a Dell Latitude C810?

Hi,

I just received a new Latitude C810.  On my old laptop (a toshiba) I had
only linux installed.  I'm wondering if I can erase Win2000 (not for
the refund, but it's the principle that counts :-)) of the Latitude
without having any problems.  I have in mind two problems that could arise

- Trouble for performing BIOS upgrades (anyone can tell me what BIOS these
machines have anyway?)
- Trouble for creating the hibernation partition.  I found already on the
web there was an win executable to create the partition, but those are
somewhat hard to run under linux...  If the latitude has a phoenix bios
however, I would use lphdisk to create the partition
- Others??

So, would it be wise to just insert my debian bootdisk and fly?

Another question:
<http://www.m2n.com/projects/mlmps/laptop/dell/latitude/c810/> doesn't
mention any problems with the built-in network card, however according to
the docs this is a combo card (optional 3Com 10/100 LAN + 56K, V.90 Mini
PCI Modem)
Anyone knows more about this issue?

Thx,

Klaas
--
To err is human; to forgive is simply not our policy.
                -- MIT Assasination Club