PPP Install on Acer Note Light

Dear all,

Sorry to bother,
I'm a newbie on debian whose trying to get a debian-potato release installed on my Acer Note Light (Don't know exact version). The problem is, the cdrom-drive is broken, so I can't install from cdrom, and I don't have any pcm-cia devices nor ethernet connection. I've tried to install from harddrive, but do to the limited size of my harddisk (1,2 GB) I can only install the base system.

My question is,
1. When I try to install using ppp by following the _ppp_install_howto_ I get 'device or resources busy' error when I tried to insmod ppp modul. Is there anyway to overcome this problem ?

2. Is there any other way I can get things installed? (I use dos partion of around 100MB as my install medium) I don't know (yet) how package structures in debian made. So I'm not sure if I can install one by one.

Could anybody give me a clue?
Thanks for the helps and attentions.

Best Regards,

arief muLya
"There's always a light in the heart of ones who Love"