Re: [FIXED] Re: installation procedure for pcmcia network install

Hi Christoph!

On Fri, 04 Jan 2002, Christoph Ulrich Scholler wrote:

> > [...]
> >   exclude port 0x0800-0x08ff
> >
> > in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts fixed that problem, and i am online. this
> > is weird though. does anyone know why the latitude C800 has something
> > in this port range, which dell doesn't document, and which the
> > internet doesn't know about?
>
> excluding those ports is something i learned the hard way as well.  it
> is also necessary to do so on the dell inspiron 8000 models.

It isn't necessary on my I8100. Everything worked fine from the
beginnig. - In fact, I do not know enough about the specific differences
between those two models. (Even Dell's support seems to be uninformed
about that -- at least here in Germany).

> > or is this just another "feature" of dell to make linux hard?
>
> maybe.  last time i checked, dells support web pages didn't work at all
> with mozilla.  simply annoying.  it's not that hard to create a
> standards compliant web page.  oh well.

It works very well with Galeon and blackdown's java here. If it does
with galeon, it should do with mozilla, too?!

--
Regards, GR                      | GnuPG-key on keyservers available
Muck, Dickbaer, Nane...          | or mail -s 'get gpg-key'