Esssolo1 sound problem !

sorry about that html encoding !! new installation of w2000 and forgotten to
deactivate fancy shit.

basically it doesn't work!

when i try to modprobe the esssolo1 module it gives me the message that some
device went missing. don't know what that means. maybe its looking for a
joystick port my notebook doesn't have? if i try it again it tells me device
or resource busy. under w2000 the sound uses irq 5 but i've also tried
different settings for that which didn't change anything.
also had a try with alsa but that also didn't work. can't remember the error
message and have removed alsa now, but i guess it was caused by the same
problem.
anyone know help?
thanx