Re: Debian - X - KDE

Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 07:06:05PM -0500, Doc wrote:

QUESTION: How do I get KDE working, please? I tried "apt-get install kde" with "deb http://kde.tdyc.com/ stable kde2" in sources.list It grabbed some part of KDE and started to install it but then spit up due to the absence of the following:
/usr/lib/libkhelpcenter.so.1
/usr/lib/libkrunapplet.so.1
/usr/lib/libnaughtyapplet.so.1
/usr/lib/libnsplugin.so.1

deb http://kde.debian.net potato main crypto optional
All those libs are in kdebase, anyway...

apt-get install task-kde ??

I seem to recall that changed at some point, but IF you can install task-kde it should take care of everything. kdebase won't provide all the necessary preconditions.

derek