Re: graphic acceleration /debian

On Tuesday 24 December 2002 00:49, Samuel Desseaux wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've got a wonderful laptop (dell inspiron) which works very well with
> woody. My graphic card is an Ati Radeon 7500 but i don't know how could i
> have the acceleration for it. Yours ideas are welcome.

Well, same problem here. I have an IBM ThinkPad A31, which uses the same
graphic card. The card is a ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility. I upgraded XFree86 to
4.2.1 (on sarge), and 2D accelleration is ok, and it works with the dafault
resouloution and color depth. But though in XFree86's documentation it is
written that 3D accelleration is provided for Radeon 7500, it seems it
doesn't work here. From time to time, I wonder if Radeon 7500 is the same as
7500 Mobility. I mean if XFree86 claims that their driver supports 3D
accelleration for 7500, does that mean 3D acceleration is also provided for
7500 Mobility? Or are these diffrent from each other?