Re: Tecra 8100 networking

Bradley Alexander wrote:
I just recently reinstalled Woody on my T8100. The first time, I
installed using a port replicator. After install, when I booted the
machine on the port replicator, it would find the interface and assign
the IP address. When I was using the PCMCIA NIC (a Xircom RealPort 16),
I had to manually start restart pcmcia.

After the rebuild (which I did using the PCMCIA NIC), the box comes up
normally when using PCMCIA, but when on the port replicator, I have to
do ifcfg eth0 to get the NIC in the replicator up and running. How can I
get either nic up and running automagically?

Thanks,

This may be too obvious but have you checked the file -

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp

It should have a entry for each device desired.

Eric