Gateway 600XL and Debian

Oops, I originally sent this to the wrong list.  Sorry...

I am considering purchasing this notebook and installing Debian on it.
I've checked linux-on-laptops.com and mobilix.org for info on this
laptop, without any luck.  I also couldn't find any help on Google about
installing linux on this particular model (or even family).

Does anyone here have this laptop, and if so, how much success have you
had with getting the notebook setup and working with Debian?

Thanks in advance,
Socheat