Re: Alsa + 2.4.19 on presario 1245

Sebastian Henschel wrote:

hello miguel..

Received at 2002-12-17 / 09:07 by Miguel Griffa:

I have an onboard sound at io 0x220, and so,
I use alsaconf to configure the card I want, everything seems fine untils alsa runs then, it complains about bad parameters being passed to module, and then says card probably not detected,

take a look at http://digilander.libero.it/zeromega/linux_compaq.html,
perhaps this helps.

then, please take a look at the sound-howto in
/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/Sound-HOWTO.gz (package doc-linux-text).

which card does "lspci" claim to see?
which card did you configure with alsa?
did you also configure irq (mostly 5 or 7) and dma (mostly 1)?
I think I've messed up something, I remember configuring via686 chipset, but the page you sent says ess... I'll try this tonight (I don't have the laptop at this moment) and post updated info.

Thanks a lot