Re: Woody on ThinkPad A31

> I recently bought a IBM ThinkPad A31, which uses a ATI Radeon 7500
> mobiliti as it's video card. Using woody...
The ATI Radeon Mobilty is support with Xfree86 4.2 and above, as far as
i know
since Stable(woody) uses 4.1, it won't work.
you have 3 choices I think:
1. upgrade to unstable or testing, both use 4.2.1...
2. find a apt-mirror on www.apt-get.org with a backport to woody of the
4.2.1
3. Install from binarys or source from xfree86.org(very ugly, yout won't
be able zo uninstall or upgrade it eaysilly and you will hav problems
with the pkg-dependencies wich you can fix only _very_ugly....

mfg Albert

--
Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at>