Re: usb Adsl modem for debian under biege g3

Am Die, 2002-12-17 um 22.39 schrieb Micha Feigin:
> I was thinking of connecting to adsl, and got a choice of the folowing
> two modems, both usb, and I was wondering if they work under a beige G3
> mac running debian.
> I'll also need to install a usb card so if there is any trouble with
> these also?
>
> The modems:
>
> alcatel speedtouch usb adsl modem

Have a look at this page (Google is your friend)
http://linux-usb.sourceforge.net/SpeedTouch/

> USB askey ale070 (I think the full name is Dynalink ALE070 USB ADSL

<quote>
Dear Sir/Madam,

Our ALE070 USB ADSL modem is using the
GlobeSpan's chipset
solution, it had no Linux driver support from
chipset vendor, and
also
according to the policy of our company, sorry to
tell you that we
have no
plan to release Linux driver officially for all
of our products.
</quote>

Again, Google is your friend....

--

Matthias Hentges
[www.hentges.net] -> PGP + HTML are welcome

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice