Re: ACPI kernel patch (+ swsusp)

* martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [021218 07:41]:
> also sprach Baruch Even <baruch@debian.org> [2002.12.17.0552 +0100]:
> > If you or anyone else wants to take my package and add it to the Debian
> > archive I would be happy, but for now I'm content with it outside the
> > archive.
>
> I think it would have to be split.
>
> Then again, how does one cope with the fact that if ACPI is applied,
> you'll need a different swsusp patch? Should I be making three
> packages in all, then, acpi, swsusp, acpi+swsusp?

Patches have dependency, if you look inside my package you will see that
the acpi patch depends on the debian-unacpi patch and that the swsusp
patch depends on the acpi patch.

When I install the swsusp patch into the kernel with:
make-kpkg --added-patches swsusp
it will cause all three patches to be applied in the correct order.

I don't know if it's really worth it to seperate it to acpi and swsusp
patches since the swsusp is tied to the exact acpi patch and is not
large so a single package for them is best.

But if you package it, it's your decision.

Baruch

--
Baruch Even
http://baruch.ev-en.org/