APM + KDE3 bug, i guess...

Hi,

I've a laptop with Debian Woody with KDE 3.0.5 only with stable packages, and when i don't use it for a while the KDE turns on the screen saver, and after a while the APM subsystem turns the LDC off to save power. This works fine when i'm connected to power. When i'm on battery it works fine until the time that APM turns my LCD off. When ever this happends, the LCD turns on and the system crashes! (the keyboard or mouse does not respond and even if i try to get into the laptop from another computer from the network, the LAPTOP seams to be offline.)

Is this a bug? or do i need any patch to my kernel? i've kernel 2.4.18 and if i'm not mistache it worked fine on KDE 3.0.3 (not shure for 3.0.4).

I only get this problem while i'm on batteries. My laptop is a Clevo 2700C (sometimes it explains everything :-)

Thanks,
Paulo Lopes

PS: Sorry for my english, i'm not a native speaker.