Re: floppy install

Thanks to all who replied.

I don't have any idea how I missed it through the 3 or 4 attempts I
had made previously, but having you folks point out "look right there"
I finally managed to see the place where I could initialize PCMCIA and
the install went fine over the weekend.

I now have a laptop that I can use again - one remaining task is to
delete KDE and install wmaker. KDE on a 486 with 40M of RAM is asking
a lot :)  I just went with defaults when installing packages,
forgetting that I'd end up with KDE.

Thanks again - I appreciate the help and the attitude it was offered with.

Oh, I *might* have an answer as to what bf stands for. Searching
google with debian and bf, the only matches that made any sense was
that bf stands for boot-floppies.

Now, why other flavours that have boot floppies don't use bf in their
name, I don't know. I'd hazard a guess that since the 2.4 kernel isn't
part of the main distro and they're *only* available on floppies (I
think) they're labeled as bf.

Please note the high level of conjecture in the above 2 paragraphs :)

--
/~\ The ASCII        Ken Weinert   Ken.Weinert@ihs.com
\ / Ribbon Campaign  303-858-6956 (V) 303-705-4258 (F)