Re: how mount PCMCIA memory?

On Sunday 15 December 2002 17:08, Michael Renner wrote:
> Moin,
> my notebook with woody recognise meomry cards in the PCMCIA slot without
> problems. After plug in a card I can mount the memory as /dev/hdc1 (e.g.).
> But can this be done automatic? Do I have to enable something in
> /etc/pcmcia to enable the automatic mount of memory?
> Thanks

Hi,

I haven't ever tried or have a memory card, but maybe I can point you in the
right direction. Have a look at the file /etc/pcmcia/memory.opts. There you
have options like MOUNTPT and FSTYPE which I assume are for selecting the
mount point and the file system type, so when you insert your card the system
will look for the options there (at least that is what it does with network
cards and the file network.opts). I hope this helps

Jose