Re: Yet another "what laptop should I buy?" question

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 04:49:58PM +0100, jmarant@nerim.net wrote:
> Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta <agi@agi.as> a écrit :
>

> > Dell's technical support in Spain is the worst I've ever met!
> > They have no fscking idea of what the sell, and how it works,... They
> > are mostly French people with little knowledge of Spanish, sometimes is
> > impossible to know what they're trying to say!!
> >
> > No, my next laptop won't be (probably) a Dell.
>
> Heh. Why the hell don't hire Spanish people for
> technical support? :-)

Don't know. I'll ask next time I call them :)
Some of them are Spanish, so you have to piss off the ones that aren't
until they put you through with one of them.
Their offices for end users and small business are located in Toulouse
IIRC

But the real problem is not the language, I don't really care about
that. The problem is the don't know what hardware they have, and which
pieces are valid for your computer and which aren't. For example, I've
got an external modular bay (to use the CDROM/floppy outside the laptop)
on my table that does not work with my laptop. But the sold it to me and
took a long 30 minutes call to convince some 3 or 4 people that it
wasn't valid for my laptop!
They gave me my money back and told me to keep the thing (which is
completely useless of course). :)

--
Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta       | They that give up essential liberty
agi@(agi.as|debian.org)        | to obtain a little temporary safety

Key fingerprint = 9782 04E7 2B75 405C F5E9  0C81 C514 AF8E 4BA4 01C3