Re: Yet another "what laptop should I buy?" question

hi,

ever thought about an acer?
i am running a travelmate 610txv. it has nice dimensions (small) and weights about
2.5 kg with cd/dvd module.
debian is running very well except for the lucent amr winmodem (apm, etc works
nice).
it is also robust (magnesium protected) and i dropped it a few times without harming
the laptop.
i think it is cheaper than buying an ibm notebook, but i do not know how the new
series (630xxx, aspire, etc) work.

dominik

ps: for configuration help, etc ... feel free to contact me