Re: running debian on a laptop

On Tue 03 Dec, Pat Colbeck wrote:
> goneaway <goneaway@teammurder.com> writes:
>
> > I have a Toshiba Tecra 8000 which has absolutely no trouble running
> > Debian. I haven't got the sound working but that's more an issue of need
> > than ability.
>
> Sound does work on this with 2.2 and 3.0.

seconded.

> I used sndconfig to set it up and it worked OK.

I tried that and it didn't help (failed to recognise anything), but a great
deal of reading the runes and the net got it all working eventually - took
me about 5hrs graft mind!

both the ad1848 and opl3sa2 modules worked - the latter being a more
complete solution. I can post details if it helps.

Wookey