Booting 2 Linuxes with LILO

              Please, send reply to albertobig@libero.it

I have 2 debians installed on my system but I'm having troubles with having
LILO allowing me to boot any of those.

I have  potato on  /dev/hda3.
I just erased  win on  /dev/hda1 :-))  and installed  Woody there.

Now, Woody's LILO offers me a prompt to boot the old potato, but won't make
it: If I try, it will stop at
   LIL-

What is the correct way to have woody's LILO load my potato on /dev/hda3?
I'd also love to keep the subchoiches there for different kernels.

Thanks. (following is my old potato lilo, before installing woody on
/dev/hda1)

# /etc/lilo.conf  for potato before installing woody on /dev/hda1
lba32
boot=/dev/hda3
root=/dev/hda3
install=/boot/boot.b