Problem with Maxdata Pro7100X and X

Hello,
I've installed Debian 3.0 a few days ago. After installing it, I updated the kernel to 2.4.19.
Then I decided to install x-window-system.
Apt-get install x-window-system worked fine.
The only problem it seems, is my laptop-monitor.
I don't know the specs. of it and I haven't got any drivers. Even on the driver-cd which came with the laptop and on the maxdata ftp isn't any driver for the monitor (in which I could look the specs.). I think/know, that vrefresh and hsync are wrong.. but everytime I try some numbers, i get stripes (vertical and in different colors). But when I use an external CRT-monitor with the laptop X works fine.
Can anyone help me ?
Notebook: Maxdata Pro 7100X  (Monitor: SXGA+ 1400x1050 Pixel).

Greetings Sven