Re: IBM ThinkPad 760

> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone have a 'IBM ThinkPad 760' with X running ?
>
> I have the possibility to get one and I have tried the
> tips on <http://www.linux-laptop.net/>, but it does not
> work for me... :-/

Which model?  I have experience with both the 760Ed and 760EL.  With the
'EL I had access to I could never use anything over 8 bpp so the color
display is poor.  Trying 16 bpp results in a nasty grey hash along the
bottom 2 to 3 cm along the bottom of the LCD screen.  This was with two
different 'EL machines.  The screen resolution on the 'EL is 800x600.

On the 'ED I have had no problems running X at 16 bpp @ 1024x768.

Any other model I've not tried.

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | sleeping giant and