any point to saving a winmodem driver?

Quick question:  Is there any potential purpose to keeping the driver
comm.drv that makes my modem works in Windoze before wiping it out?  ie to
use the driver through Wine or something?

I'm not sure yet if this modem is one of the Lindows-supported ones, because
I'm having a hard time figuring out which chipset it is.  The reason I'm
asking rather than just making a copy is because this didn't occur to me til
after re-writing the partition table, so I'd have to actually do a quick
re-install of Windoze to get the driver.  Not a huge deal, but if there's no
point I'd rather not.  Thanks, Levi