Re: Alcatel Speedtouch USB

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 11:43:31AM +0100, Emmanuel Di Pretoro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to install my ADSL modem (an Alcatel Speedtouch), but it's failed :-(
>
> Can you tell me if the installation 2.4.18 kernel is compiled with the
> right options ?

Has it worked before?

> If yes, all what I must do is to compile the open driver, and run
> 'modem_run -f mgmt.o -m' and 'pppd call adsl'.
>
> So I've tried to compile my kernel with all right options, everything
> seems OK when I run 'modem_run -f mgmt.o -m', and when I run 'pppd

I presume that the modem_run command finished without errors?

> call adsl', pppd exit directly. Normally, at this time, I must be able
> to surf on Internet, but I can't.

What does:

    pppd debug nodetach call adsl

say?

Hopefully this would result in a somewhat sensible error message, which
should help with further diagnostics.

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com        http://karl.jorgensen.com