dhcp setup on debian woody

hi,

i want to connect my laptop to a dhcp network and i've been using it with static IP. I've been reading the /etc/network/interfaces file and don't know exactly what to do for dhcp. Nevertheless i've been trying to make it work and in the howto's i've read it says that i need to install "dhcpcd", i do apt-get install dhcpcd and i get a reply that that package does not exist (at least on my distro woody/stable).

Can someone tell me how to configure it?

i've a ip static network on eth1 (pcmcia and working) and need a dhcp on eth0 (internat ethernet adapter) all the modules work and were built for the 2.4.18 kernel. All i need it dhcpcd or something else that can do the same, and a sample /etc/network/interfaces, of course if there's anything else you can let me know :-)

Thanks,
Paulo.