Re: Intel(r) AC'97 Audio Controller - SigmaTel Codec

On Monday 25 November 2002 02:24 pm, Jeremy Petzold wrote:
> you need to patch the kernel with the ACPI patch and then compile all the
> ACPI options(except one near the top of the list that blanks out the rest)
> into the kernel. then you will magicly have sound as long as you have your
> sound module and sound support set as modules or compiled in.

Since nothing else works, looks like I'm going to have to try this ACPI
patch, but I'm not quite sure about a couple of things.

Debian Woody 2.4.18 already has some patches applied to it, and the ACPI web
site only offers patches for vanilla kernels [1] Should I stop using the
Debian kernel then? (there is the same dilemma with swsusp, if I decide to
use it in the future)

Oleg

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi