Re: Intel(r) AC'97 Audio Controller - SigmaTel Codec

On Monday 25 November 2002 02:24 pm, Jeremy Petzold wrote:
> you need to patch the kernel with the ACPI patch and then compile all the
> ACPI options(except one near the top of the list that blanks out the rest)
> into the kernel. then you will magicly have sound as long as you have your
> sound module and sound support set as modules or compiled in.

Which ACPI patch? Google "acpi patch" points to different projects. Is this
related to the kernel hanging because of the ALSA driver when the laptop is
suspended; or to the problem I'm having right now (lack of sound) ?

BTW sound worked with Mandrake 9.0. Does it mean their kernel was patched?

Thanks
Oleg