Re: Atir radeon mobility and svideo outpout

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Francois Chenais wrote:
> How can I select 'svideo' output on my Radeon Mobility M6 ? This works
> under Win.

With difficulty, and without the niceness of the Windows driver
features, because ATI don't release details of the hardware.

1. Install the 'atitvout' package.
2. Plug the S-Video cable into the computer and a TV.
3. Reboot *with* that cable in place.
4. Start X.[1]
5. Set the resolution to 800x600 or less.[2]
6. Run 'atitvout' to set the TV standard (PAL/NTSC)
7. Run 'atitvout' to turn on the TV display.

Read the hints that atitvout shows if run without arguments, especially
the bit about trying with '-f' and '-r'.

My machine needs the mode set with no flag, but the tv output with one
of them[3] set, and it only works if I ask for TV only.

   Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  ...or use mplayer and -vo vesa:vidix at the console.

[2]  I use the 'gvidm' package to do this on the fly.

[3]  I never remember which, so I need to try both each time.

--
I have great faith in fools -- self-confidence my friends call it.
        -- Edgar Allan Poe